One of the best places to view the eclipse will be right here in St. Louis and the surrounding region in both Missouri and Illinois. We’re here to help you prepare! Find the best place to eclipse-watch in time for the event!
Five Reasons Why St. Louis Is the Best Place to View the Solar Eclipse
1. Minutes to maximum totality- St. Louis is an hour or less drive away from a number of choices offering maximum or near maximum totality.
2. Centrally located- St. Louis is an easy drive for surrounding visitors, making the trip enjoyable and affordable.
3. More accommodations, more fun!- St. Louis is the largest city in the path of the eclipse offering more lodging and more things to do on the weekend before the eclipse. Visit explorestlouis.com to learn more about things to do in St. Louis.
4. Historic event- St. Louis has not had a total solar eclipse since the year 1442 making this a truly historic (and long overdue) event for St. Louis. Local enthusiasm will be hard to match in other destinations along the path.
5. No need to worry about the weather- St. Louis offers many road choices no matter what direction you plan to drive on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning to find the best weather for the eclipse.
Top Ten Places in Missouri to Watch the Solar Eclipse
7. Jefferson City
9. St. Clair
Sample of Missouri Cities and Corresponding Duration of Totality
St. Joseph (2:38)
Kansas City (1:14)
Jefferson City (2:28)
Cape Girardeau (1:40)